Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waking from the Dream was only the first step.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Questions? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:11 am by Oneiros
Participate in the Proust Avatar Interview contest and, aside from letting us know what a wonderful character you have created, you can win the price of an artistic depiction! This contest is continuous and has no ending date- any and all good posts receive the prize!

Interested? Check it out here!

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Come By And Introduce Yourselves
Questions? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:00 pm by Oneiros
A new introduction thread has been started by Maus Merryjest. Come and introduce yourselves, or re-acquaint yourselves. The thread is here!

Setting Information Posted!
Questions? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:21 am by Oneiros
Greetings, Dreamers and Players:

The Setting Information for the City Of Alef has been posted. More posts will come soon to give you more of an idea as to our setting!

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 21 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:15 pm
Latest topics
» Forrest Townshend
Questions? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:07 pm by Forrest Townshend

» noclegi tarnów jezierny
Questions? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:25 pm by Guest

» jastarnia noclegi z wyzywieniem
Questions? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:36 pm by Guest

» tww apartamenty kraków
Questions? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:38 pm by Guest

» gdynia apartamenty na polanie
Questions? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:33 pm by Guest

» domki chlapowo
Questions? EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 9:27 pm by Guest

» zawoja noclegi domki
Questions? EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:46 pm by Guest

» szczecin apartamenty
Questions? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:30 pm by Guest

» diament hotele i domy wczasowe
Questions? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skrai

Skrai

Questions? Empty
PostSubject: Questions?   Questions? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Hope I'm alright to post this.

Few questions about how this works.

Character Application: So, does this mean that we have to be approved to RP here? Also does this suggest that characters who apply can only have been former Dream characters? - Answered when I better read the Rules.

Protagonists: What's the difference between this and Character Application? Is this where the approved characters get moved to?

Alts: For alts I assume we will want to make new accounts but will there be a way to link them together for simple switching between them? I do know that there are extensions for this kind of things out there as we use it on a site I'm admin of (I tell you, it's a lot easier than having to log in and out every time). I don't know if the extension we use only works with our kind of board or not, but if you can't find one for this board I could try and find out where ours came from and see if that works with this board?

Locations: When it comes to the fixed locations on here, such as Alef, are we allowed to make up things about them/in them (much like Anycity on the NCD) or is it very much fixed?

Suggestions: Hope you don't mind me making a couple of suggestions?

Post Approval Limit: I do think it's important to have this in place, stops spammers and one-hit-wonders from getting into 'main threads', but 25 seems really high for such a 'new (sort of)' forum. The Dream managed it a while ago because there were so many posters and most new people got a reply each day to respond to, if not more. By the end this wasn't the case, not enough people to get involved in the threads and even then most didn't necessarily have the time to post everyday. And I'm sure you recall what it's like being new, you want to get involved, learn and do stuff! Laughing . So I would suggest lowering it. On a site I'm admin of we have it as 10 and even that can seem a little high at times. It's not my place to say, but I do think perhaps the new members should be lowered to 15 and the NCDers lowered further still (if at all, why not all 15?). Anyway, that's just my observation on that.

Symbols: Purely antithetical and unimportant, but it would be pretty cool. These symbols you have are really swish and look great, but I was wondering if you could have them darken when the mouse scrolls over them? I think it would really add something. Cool

Anyway, I hope that was okay to post up! Smile

Added Suggestion: Just found that there's a minimum topic length? Shocked. Only had to add the question mark, but still... hope you can remove that. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.schola-draiochta.com
Maus Merryjest

Maus Merryjest

Questions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Questions? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Skrai wrote:
Hope I'm alright to post this.

Few questions about how this works.

Feel free! Let's see if I can answer them all!

Quote :

Character Application: So, does this mean that we have to be approved to RP here? Also does this suggest that characters who apply can only have been former Dream characters? - Answered when I better read the Rules.

Protagonists: What's the difference between this and Character Application? Is this where the approved characters get moved to?

These two are linked together: For you Dreamers the Character Application board is a formality, as admins here will be familiar with your characters way back from the Dream. Character Application is for new players to put down their character concept and, once they've been approved by the minimum requisite post numbers, their character profiles are sent to Protagonists.

Quote :
Alts: For alts I assume we will want to make new accounts but will there be a way to link them together for simple switching between them? I do know that there are extensions for this kind of things out there as we use it on a site I'm admin of (I tell you, it's a lot easier than having to log in and out every time). I don't know if the extension we use only works with our kind of board or not, but if you can't find one for this board I could try and find out where ours came from and see if that works with this board?

Actually, please do find out! That's something we would love to implement, but unfortunately we don't have a lot of knowledge with forum implementation of extensions. Let me know what you find out, because we would certainly like to link accounts together for alrts.

Quote :
Locations: When it comes to the fixed locations on here, such as Alef, are we allowed to make up things about them/in them (much like Anycity on the NCD) or is it very much fixed?

You are allowed to make things up about the fixed locations such as Alef (which is, after all, the size of a continent, so it has room for everything) as long as it doesn't contradict the canon of the city as laid out by the Admins.

Suggestions: Hope you don't mind me making a couple of suggestions?

Quote :
Post Approval Limit: I do think it's important to have this in place, stops spammers and one-hit-wonders from getting into 'main threads', but 25 seems really high for such a 'new (sort of)' forum. The Dream managed it a while ago because there were so many posters and most new people got a reply each day to respond to, if not more. By the end this wasn't the case, not enough people to get involved in the threads and even then most didn't necessarily have the time to post everyday. And I'm sure you recall what it's like being new, you want to get involved, learn and do stuff! Laughing . So I would suggest lowering it. On a site I'm admin of we have it as 10 and even that can seem a little high at times. It's not my place to say, but I do think perhaps the new members should be lowered to 15 and the NCDers lowered further still (if at all, why not all 15?). Anyway, that's just my observation on that.

That's a good consideration, actually. Talking about it the other day we decided to lower the count to 7, actually, and sidestep the process entirely for ex MZDM-ers, though we want to encourage them to hang around the newbies in the thread to give them something to roleplay with.

Quote :

Symbols: Purely antithetical and unimportant, but it would be pretty cool. These symbols you have are really swish and look great, but I was wondering if you could have them darken when the mouse scrolls over them? I think it would really add something. Cool

We may do that in the future, when I have the time to make a new set of darkened symbols Smile

Quote :

Added Suggestion: Just found that there's a minimum topic length? Shocked. Only had to add the question mark, but still... hope you can remove that. scratch

We've been looking at that, but so far we haven't found how to remove it. But soon! SOon!
Back to top Go down
Skrai

Skrai

Questions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Questions? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:19 pm

[quote="Maus Merryjest"]

Quote :
These two are linked together: For you Dreamers the Character Application board is a formality, as admins here will be familiar with your characters way back from the Dream. Character Application is for new players to put down their character concept and, once they've been approved by the minimum requisite post numbers, their character profiles are sent to Protagonists.

Ah! I see! So the profiles would remain in "Application" until after a Player reaches the required number of posts. I get it now, makes sense.

Quote :
Actually, please do find out! That's something we would love to implement, but unfortunately we don't have a lot of knowledge with forum implementation of extensions. Let me know what you find out, because we would certainly like to link accounts together for alrts.

Excellent. I'll do my best. I'm part of a group so I'll have to ask the guy that does the coding stuff. Shouldn't be too hard to find, only question is whether it's compatible.

Quote :
You are allowed to make things up about the fixed locations such as Alef (which is, after all, the size of a continent, so it has room for everything) as long as it doesn't contradict the canon of the city as laid out by the Admins.

Excellent, seems reasonable!

Quote :
That's a good consideration, actually. Talking about it the other day we decided to lower the count to 7, actually, and sidestep the process entirely for ex MZDM-ers, though we want to encourage them to hang around the newbies in the thread to give them something to roleplay with.

Brilliant, glad we're on the same wavelength! Very Happy Of course it might be worth entering as a former NCDer anyway.

Quote :
We may do that in the future, when I have the time to make a new set of darkened symbols Smile

Haha, fair enough! I always say 'never judge a book by its cover' but a pretty cover doesn't hurt. Razz

Quote :
We've been looking at that, but so far we haven't found how to remove it. But soon! SOon!

Ah, weird! I can understand a maximum limit, but a lower? Bizarre! Ah well, it's pretty trivial really.

I do have a final question actually; when can we start!? Surprised To be honest I can't start straight away I have to consider who to bring into this because Skrai here is tied up in things on another forum. But eventually! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skrai

Skrai

Questions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Questions? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:54 pm

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=575613

That's the link to the Linked Accounts feature. My friend didn't think it would work with this site, but it's worth taking a look! Smile
Back to top Go down
Oneiros
Admin
Oneiros

Questions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Questions? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:52 am

Quote :
I do have a final question actually; when can we start!? Surprised To be honest I can't start straight away I have to consider who to bring into this because Skrai here is tied up in things on another forum. But eventually! Very Happy

We're thinking of starting the beginning plot either next Monday or the Monday after that. You don't need to worry about coming in late, we can make plot allowances for a character introduction.
Back to top Go down
http://longestjourney.secretsstories.net
Sponsored content

Questions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Questions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Meta Narration :: The Café-
Jump to: